Attend a Workshop
We run free, location-specific workshops so you can drop in and learn how waste-reduction, energy-efficiency and environmental services operate in your area.
We will be holding the following workshops in early 2020, with venues and precise dates to be confirmed.
- Wyndham – 19th March, 5:30 pm, Garden Feast Cafe. Book your spot
- Portarlington – late April
If your business is located in any of these localities and you would like to be involved either as a host or featured business, please get in touch via the form below. We will be setting up Eventbrite event pages for these dates shortly.
At our workshops:
Hands-on practical workshop to address your business waste reduction needs:
• Understanding waste requirements, streams and alternatives
• Tips and tricks for easy waste reduction
• Network with like-minded businesses
• Raise your environmental profile and brand awareness
• Save money by reducing waste
• Free individual business waste assessment and recommended actions
• Recognition of your business through the Businesses Caring For Our Bays program
Business Waste Reduction and Networking Workshop
Our first workshop saw business owners, managers, employees and sustainability consultants gather at Lululemon on Pakington Street Geelong to discuss business waste management, the recycling crisis and alternative product solutions.
Before we got started, Annie from Lululemon led us in a short meditation to help everyone leave their day behind. After an introduction to waste management by Mark from Barwon South West Waste and Resource Recovery Group, and to the Businesses Caring for our Bays program, attendees gathered around the workbenches, displays and snacks to discuss bay-friendly business practices and leadership in local ethical business.
Many of our attendees had already implemented environmentally-friendly practises in their businesses, or were local providers of alternative waste options. We were thrilled to meet some of these leading locals, and to discuss the barriers and benefits they had found in their journeys.
Thank you to all who attended, and to the partners who made the night such a success! Stay tuned for the next line-up of workshops for early 2020!